Wednesday, January 6, 2010

EVERYBODY'S CHANGING...



This is a video of the PS22 Chorus, which is an ever-changing group of 5th graders from a public elementary school in Staten Island, New York. It is one of the six YouTube videos that Jamie Keddie, the creator of Teflclips, chose as his favourite ones. You can see the rest of the videos on Lindsay Clandfield's blog.

It is amazing how these children perform the song with all their heart, even while sitting down. Their bodily movements and eloquent facial expressions give the viewers the impression that the melody of the song is running through their veins, stemming from their very soul.

The lyrics (by the '
Keane' band):

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Since everybody's changing
And I don't know why.

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right.

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

EFL LINKS FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS

Wikispaces

WIKI WITH READING TEXTS AND ACTIVITIES

Wikispaces