Easter is the most important Christian festival in many countries and food is of huge symbolic importance at this time of year. From the fasting during Lent, to sumptuous family feasts on Easter Sunday, there's a wealth of culinary specialities to discover.
Visit this web page about Easter food traditions around the world and answer the following questions in comment form. The more questions you answer correctly, the more points you get (one point per answer). The team with the most points will win a special prize!
Questions (in jumbled order):
1) What do eggs and their red colour symbolize for Greek people?
2) When is Lent truly over for people in Eastern Europe?
3) What is the fun game played in Sweden and Norway during Easter?
4) Name two Greek Easter treats.
5) Where is there a strong tradition to paint eggs in different colours?
6) How do people in Eastern Europe break their fast?
7) What is the culinary specialilty after the midnight mass on Easter Saturday in Greece?
8) What do 'nice witches' do on Easter Sunday in Sweden and Norway?
9) What does the Swedish word 'smorgasbord' mean?
10) In which country are dyed red eggs embedded inside loaves of bread?